Share This Article
Africa Young Scientists AYS was established to provide young and talented scientists, across Africa, opportunities for them to reach out to the world and contribute meaningfully for the development of our dear continent, Africa. This forum will serve as a fulcrum for the birth, fertilization and launching of ideas to the world. The mentees will have unrestricted access to mentors, online and offline, to guide them through in their careers. Our mentors have being selected and still been selected with a high standard for scientific excellence, integrity, and love for an impactful life.
Expectations from a mentee:
To achieve an effective and maximum benefits from the AYSMP each mentee is expected to follow to the following guideline religiously.
- Respect the opinions/guidance of your mentor by using it and according it its due significance.
- Communicate meaningful ideas to mentors bearing it in mind that they positively scrutinize it to help make the idea a success
- Build on mentors’ help and also help others in order to develop strong research networks
- Always update your mentor about your progress
- Don’t use your mentor as a ‘spare tire’.
- Be open minded by expecting that your idea will not always be approved by him/her.
- Value your mentors’ time having it in mind that he/she can’t recover time spent with you or on your work
- Be honest with your mentor always.
How to apply
October 20, 2023.