Share This Article
This is a one-year program for academics, researchers, technologists, and innovators from government tertiary institutions in Nigeria who wish to transform their ideas or projects into innovations, solutions, and businesses. Teams of 1-3 applicants are allowed to apply. Successful Teams would be chosen based on the results of a thorough review by specialists.
Participants in the program will go through a variety of courses that integrate the nuances, steps, and processes of venture creation, prototyping, and innovation development. The 12-month program, which was created and will be led in conjunction with seasoned professionals, will operate both physically and digitally.
Areas of consideration
Agriculture and Food Technology
Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
Health & Accessibility
Information Communication Technology
Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
Streamlining / Improving Production Process
Benefits for successful candidates
Possibility to transform concepts and research into inventions, solutions, and businesses.
Participation at no cost, particularly during the innovation and prototype creation bootcamp at the Innov8 Hub in Abuja.
Mentoring and skill-building from seasoned professionals.
Access to a cutting-edge fabrication, prototype development, and start-up incubation centre where participants can create free prototypes of their innovations.
Access to financial resources and investment possibilities.
Engagement with and access to industry experts.
Innovation and invention patenting.
Participants will become TETFAIR Fellows.
Participants will become Innov8 Hub Associates.
Requirements for selection
1. This application request is only for universities. Please wait until we announce a call for applications specific if you are from a polytechnic or a college of education.
2. You must be part of a group of 1-3 researchers or academic staff from a university in Nigeria (a TETFund beneficiary institution).
3. Your proposal should be focused on one of our areas of interest. Your nomination would require the endorsement of your Vice Chancellor’s office, who would sign this Endorsement Form.
4. Your team needs to have interdisciplinary complimentary abilities that could potentially take the idea through development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product (with our assistance and mentoring).
Ideally, a group should consist of:
- a team member with an original solution concept and the necessary expertise.
- a member who, depending on their field of expertise, possesses additional, complementary, and pertinent abilities (technical, scientific, mechanical, medical, or engineering).
- a participant having aptitude for or oriented toward finance, business, or entrepreneurship.
- The concept should be in its early phases of conception and development and capable of being transformed into an invention that involves a hardware or physical component (rather than just digital ones).
November 5th, 2023.